Tuesday, October 15, 2013

When I grow up I want to be

Your dream job -



I don't really know what my dream job is. I've tried and tried to figure it out.

When I was little I wanted to be an interior designer more than anything. I guess not just when I was little. All through middle and high school I was determined that I was go to be an interior designer. I got a scholarship to the Art Institute of Portland, went for one quarter and promptly quit. My full time job seemed more important than my degree. Then life happened. I got pregnant and married and gave up on the idea of getting a degree in anything and just worked to make ends meet.

Luckily I stumbled on property management eventually. It isn't my dream job by a long shot but I don't hate it and it allows me to lead a decent lifestyle, pay the bills and still have some left over to travel a little bit. I love the financial and numbers aspect of property management. If I didn't have to deal with people I think that it might be my dream job.

I guess maybe I'm past the point of needing to do my dream job. I'm to the point that I'm okay as long as I'm not miserable. I work so I can live. I think that maybe what I want to be when I grow up is happy. Happiness is much more important to me than what I do from nine to five. As long as what I do all day allows me to be happy when I'm not at work I think I'll be okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment