Saturday, October 26, 2013

The May the Wine Talking, but I Love Wine


I realized recently that I have written excessively about coffee and  how much I love it and that I had yet to write a blog about wine.  I'm not sure if I was trying to keep everyone from thinking I was an alcoholic or what.  The thing is that as much as I like wine and as often as Facebook may make it look like I drink, I don't drink wine all the time.

I remember when I first started drinking wine.  It was pink, and super sweet.  Then I started drinking white wine chilled.  And suddenly, one day, out of the blue I put on my big girl panties and switched to red.


Ah, red wine.  How I love thee.  I like Merlot the best.  When I went wine tasting a couple of weeks ago I fell in love with a red that might be a little darker than Merlot.  It's called Montepulciano and it's amazing. We ended up bringing a bottle home and saving it just because I couldn't bring myself to waste it. I think that bottle requires a special occasion.

There is just something about wine that is better than other alcohol. The feel of a wine glass in hand is almost as comforting as a warm coffee mug. Sharing a bottle of wine is much more relaxing than sharing a beer, which indicates a party, or sharing a bottle of liquor which, oftentimes, leads to time travel. Wine just means nice, good conversation. Wine allows you to maintain a happy, glowing buzz for hours. Wine drunk is different than any other type of drunk. Kind of like tequila, but opposite. Wine is calming and warm. You can find a wine to go with every meal and complement every occasion. Versatility is where it's at.


Not to say that I have never been trashed drinking wine. I have and would be lying if I tried to claim any different. I'm just saying wine is like a good friend. Wine doesn't judge. Wine doesn't talk back. Wine knows just how to take the edge off and make your day better.

Now that I think about it, maybe I do need to drink more wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment