Saturday, October 12, 2013

It's my birthday. I'll be happy if I want to.

The best thing to happen this year -


Today I am definitely starting like it's my birthday, because it is! I'm in warm and sunny California, with someone I love. I pretty much can't ask for a better birthday present than that.

Today's topic is about the best thing to happen this year.  This seemed like an appropriate topic for my birthday. When I look back on everything that has happened and changed since my birthday last year the list is long. I am nowhere close to where I was last year on my birthday and boy am I thankful for that.

In the past year I have met some amazing friends, made some huge life changes, adopted an old cat and proven that I can be self-sufficient.

However, if I had to choose one best thing for this year it is that finally, after 17 years, two marriages, and thousands of miles, I am ready for the one person who has always been able to calm my brain, accept me for who I am and make me feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be.  He no longer has to be my first love, or my favorite "what if" he get's to my my right now and will hopefully be my favorite thing, every year, for a long time.







So Happy Birthday to the older, wiser, happier and much more content me.




No comments:

Post a Comment