Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween, my favorite holiday?

I seem to be in a bit of a holiday funk.  I love Halloween.  It's always been my favorite.  I love Trick or Treating.  I love seeing little kids in their costumes.  I love carving pumpkins.  I love going to the pumpkin patch.  I love it all.  And this year I have done none of it.

I'm not sure if it has to do with being a little burned out after 10 years of being the only one to do holidays first for one kid and then for three.  Or if it has to do with the fact that it's just me and PJ this year and he's to the point the he isn't super into Halloween either.  I know that will change, he's in a "I'm cool" phase right now and next year it will probably cool to get back into Halloween, but this year he is kinda where I'm at. Not participating.

I didn't go to the pumpkin patch, or carve a pumpkin, for the first time ever in my whole life. I also didn't decorate, which is COMPLETELY out of character for me.  I put out my candle holders and my Halloween table cloth but that all.  Today, on Halloween, it makes me kind of sad..  But to know that tomorrow I don't have to un-decorate makes me really happy.

So, in a burst of inspiration, and in an attempt to not be a scrooge today, I got up this morning and found my cat ears and tail and did my makeup like a cat.  It may not make up for all of the things I didn't do but it's better than nothing.


Hopefully, after taking a bit of a break this year, I'll me extra festive next year.  Tonight I think I'll go to my mom's, drink wine, and pass out candy to other people's cold trick-or-treating children.



1 comment:

  1. And, perhaps you'll carve a pumpkin when you get here! We have 6 that we didn't carve last night and I doubt I'll get them all finished today.

    ReplyDelete