Day 17 - Your 10 Favorite Foods
This may have been the hardest list of all. How does someone who loves food pick ten favorites?
1) French Fries easily top my list. I may have a hard time coming up with a list of only ten foods but I know for sure that my weakness for french fries is legendary. They are warm, yummy, deep fried, carby, goodness. Nothing beats a good french fry. Unfortunately they will make me fat so I have to be SUPER careful how many french fries I eat.
2) Empanadas are amazing. Talk about warm, deep fried goodness. The chicken ones are the best. There is a food cart in St. John's that has the best empanadas with amazing sauce and cheese. Yum!
3) Hamburgers are almost a food group unto themselves. There is something wonderful about a good hamburger. There is an art to eating a giant hamburger. Don't put it down!! That is a rule. If you are going to eat a gigantic burger you have to commit to holding the whole thing in at least one hand until it is gone.
4) Sushi/Tuna - Raw tuna is one of the best things on the planet. I could probably eat it everyday and get Mercury poisoning. Rolls, sashimi, seared. I don't care. It's good however it's served. Except cooked and even then it's not bad.
5) Gyros- Let me be really clear here. Not a gy-row but a Gyro. Real tsatziki made with greek yogurt, feta cheese, souvlaki and not shaved meat, tomato, onion and paprika. That is the perfect gyro.
6) Tacos- As long as the tacos aren't from Taco Bell and they have spicy sauce on them they are good.
7) Pasta- I'm starting to see a carb pattern here. Pasta with sauce. Pasta without sauce. Pasta with wine. Pasta with bread. Pasta with pesto on it is probably my favorite.
8) Fried Rice- I like to make it at home, I like to get it delivered. I especially like it with BBQ pork in it and some hot mustard mixed in.
9) Chocolate - The darker the better. It goes better with my red wine that way.
10) German Pancakes- Pancakes are gross. German pancakes are amazing. You bake them in a cast iron skillet. They puff up with air. You cut them like a pie and then you put syrup or homemade raspberry jam on them. Yum!
Now I'm hungry.