Thursday, November 7, 2013

Too Young Too Dumb To Realize

A song you used to love but now you hate...





I used to love Bruno Mars "When I Was Your Man".  Like, REALLY loved it. Knew all the words, downloaded the whole Unorthodox Jukebox album and listened to it repeatedly, all for that one song.  Then one day I woke up and HATED it!

That this song isn't going to get the girl back

If that song comes on the radio I change the station, if by accident it shuffles to that song when I'm listening to Pandora or Google Music I skip it, even if it means having to listen to commercials.  I really hate that song.

I guess maybe it has something to do with what was going on in my life at the height of it's popularity.  I was married to a man who took me for granted for no good reason and really, isn't that what this entire song is about?  Over and over and over.


Good ol' Bruno is right. He should have bought her flowers and held her hand and spent time with her and took her out.  And he's also right that he is an idiot and he's the reason she's gone. But if he thinks for one second that she cares whether or not he regrets these things or that she needs his blessing to be happy with someone else, he is delusional. Of course she found someone that was going to do all the things for her that he didn't. Why would she EVER settle for less than what she wanted ever again?

Hind sight is 20/20 and for whatever reason this particular look into the past just annoys the hell out of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment