Monday, November 18, 2013

Just Hold On...



A song that helps you be calm...

The first time I heard Drake "Hold On We're Going Home" I was in the car on the way to the zoo and I didn't know it was Drake.  I was shocked.  I heard a interview with him later where he said he was going for a classic sound.  A song that someone could listen to and remember the way it made them feel forever. He accomplished that with this song.  At least for me. 

It's weird to me that any Drake song can calm me down but this one does.  When my anxiety acts up I turn on this song and instantly feel better. I'm a bit of a control freak and the idea of someone else, for just a minute, taking over, is calming to me.  I couldn't relinquish a lot of control for too long.  It goes against everything in me. I can take care of myself.  But to know that I just needed to hold on because someone else was going to take care of everything, even if it's just long enough to get me home, is awesome.  

Plus, I'm a good girl and we know it :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment