Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Favorite Album. No Judging...

A song off of your favorite album...

I have been remiss in my blogging for the last week.  It's been super busy at work and at home and I just haven't had time.  Also, I'm kind of tired of this music blog.  I'm not sure what I'm going to blog about when I'm all finished with it but I'm definitely going to cut it short of the 30 days that it is supposed to be.

There isn't a whole lot left.  A couple of them are songs that I can or wish I could play on a musical instrument.  Since I can't play a musical instrument those are automatically out.  The closest I come to playing any music is when I turn on the stereo.

A song that I hate... Taylor Swift "22" is the worst song ever.  Makes me feel super old.

Actually, Taylor, even when I was 22 I didn't feel 22. Thanks.


A band I hate? AC/DC easily.

Yeah, I even hate this song. 

A song that describes me?  I have no idea.  This is one that I wish I could write but I can't think of any songs the describe me so... that's out.

The thing is that I don't want to write about things that I don't like.  In my quest to be a happier more positive person I am going to just boycott the negative blog posts and move on to something different and better.

Before I do though I am going to talk about my favorite album.

I am the first one to admit that there is no way Jagged Edge "JE Heartbreak" is my actually my favorite album.  I would be hard pressed to name an actual favorite because I just don't pick favorites very well. However this is the first album that popped into my head.  At no point since this album came out in 2000 have I not had it in my car. I guess technically right now it's on my phone, but since my phone is always in my car with me it's still in my car. Please don't judge me...



I'm not sure what it is about the particular Jagged Edge album, or about Jagged Edge in general, but I sure do love it and them.  I can listen to the whole thing from start to finish, sing along with all the words and just be happy.  I also think it has a lot to do with the fact that this particular album runs the gambit when it comes to emotions.  Break up songs, "I love you more than anything else ever" songs, "let's get married" songs, "he's not good enough for you" songs.  It's just great.  Whenever I am at a loss for what I want to listen to this is the album that just get's put in.

I'll admit that now that I have the ability to listen to Pandora and Google Music in my car JE Hearbreak doesn't get the play time that it used to get.  But every once in awhile I'll get a wild hair and put it on. Actually I think I'll do that right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment