Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Don't Be a Miserable Cow


As the self proclaimed Queen of Everything that "Everything" includes the crappy stuff.  Like negativity. My last blog post (a week ago. I know, I'm slacking) was about staying positive and making sure I stay grateful. That's all fine and good, I can preach positivity until I'm blue in the face.  That doesn't mean that I'm good at staying positive all the time.  I have days where I am the Queen of Negativity for sure. 

I guess that I have been slowly figuring out the the key to staying positive is keeping yourself surrounded by positive people.  I have spent a lot of time surrounded by people and in relationships that were so negative that there was no choice but to be negative right along with those people.  And then there are the people that you love so much that you put up with their negativity.  I've also learned that the key to maintaining your positivity in the face of those people is to just be happy.  Whether you are or not.  The second you start being negative, it feeds other people's negativity and it's a horrible downward spiral that you just can't seem to get out of. 



Don't get me wrong.  No one can be happy and positive all the time.  I know this.  I had a super negative day yesterday.  Some days the insecurities and failures creep in and dig deep into your brain and you get stuck.  It feels like you are never going to get out of your funk and nothing is going to go your way.  If you just keep acting like you're happy eventually you get happy.  And if you surround yourself with positive people eventually you're out of your negative place and you don't even know it.  

And if for some reason that doesn't work.  Have a glass of wine.  Or a bottle.  It will help you be positive for a least a little bit :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment