Monday, September 23, 2013

My Purse - Go Ahead, Look Inside

Day 8 - What's in your purse?



I'm really not weird about my purse the way that other girl's are. Who am I kidding? I'm not weird about a lot of things that other girls are. My purse is necessary so that I can carry all of my crap.  That's all.  There isn't anything secret, private or embarrassing in there.  I carry a small purse in the summer and a large purse in the winter.  In the winter you need more crap.  In the summer you get eliminate a lot of the stuff you carry around with you.  I don't know why, but it seems to be truth.

I'm still using my little summer purse and will probably continue to until PJ is done with fall baseball.  It's easier to deal with at the ball field. My winter purse is a Coach, my summer purse isn't. So I can set the summer purse on wet bleachers and not care about it whole lot. Baseball, in the fall, in the Pacific Northwest is wet.

People say you can tell a lot about a person by what is in her purse.  I'm not so sure that is true about me. Maybe the biggest thing you can tell is that I am fairly practical and that I like pink. A lot.

I have my wallet, which is pink.  It's tiny and consists of my driver's license, two cards to access money, my Dutch Bros. punch card, both my and PJ's insurance cards and some change.

There's my sunglasses and regular glasses.  I wear my sunglasses year round, the stupid bright grey glare all winter makes them necessary.  I wear my regular glasses while driving in the dark and the rain.  If it's just dark or just raining I don't need them.  The combination of the two makes me damn near blind.

In the front little pocket have chapstick, three different kinds, and lipstick for when I need some color and my favorite ink pen. Then there's the little inside pocket that holds my tanning goggles, pads and ear buds.  

I'm never without kleenex and WetOnes.  In case you don't know.  WetOnes get stains out of clothes. You can't use just wipes, they have to be WetOnes.  I discovered this little trick when I had a baby that regularly spit up on me and have carried a pack ever since.  They get out coffee and ink and that random piece of chocolate that always falls off of the Snickers and onto your shirt.  They are amazing.

Of course there is also my work keys, my personal keys and my cell phone.  All of which have pink on them somewhere.

Except for a random receipt or two that's all.  So the next time I say "Just grab it out of my purse. It's right on top."  I really mean it.


No comments:

Post a Comment