Friday, January 3, 2014

I'm Pretty Sure That Given A Cape and A Nice Tiara I Could Save The World



In looking for a blog topic today "What would you do if you were Superwoman?" was an idea tossed on the table, to which I immediately responded "Wait, I already am Superwoman". 

Let's just say I was a superhero though.  Would I want to be Superwoman or Wonder Woman or neither. 

Growing up I had a bit of a X-Men fascination.  This probably had something to do with the fact that I have a brother who is three years younger that loved the X-Men, I was a bit of a tomboy and I thought Wolverine was hot. I actually had a poster of Wolverine smoking a cigar underwater that hung on the wall in the basement for years.  It might still be there.  



 Anyway, growing up I always thought Rouge was great and I wanted to be her. She was hot, Wolverine was uber protective of her, she got to make out with Gambit, she could absorb anyone's mutant powers just by touching them (or kissing them), oh and did I mention she was hot. 

I always really like Storm too.  I think that my fascination with the weather may have started with her.  How amazing would it be to be able to make the weather do WHATEVER YOU WANTED!!  Want some snow? Okay give me a minute.  Oh, you're too cold.  Let me just move this high pressure system in and shift the winds a little bit.  I can warm it up. Oh, and did I mention that she was hot?
Needless to say, I am not a mutant, nor can I control the weather and I certainly don't absorb other peoples super powers by touching them with my bare skin.  I also don't have gravity defying boobs, a 12 inch waist or white hair.  So I guess I'll stick to being Super Woman, those are powers that I can claim.  Super strength, great intelligence and the ability to tackle any task.  All I need now is a cape and a tiara and I could save the world. Or at least my little corner of it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment