Monday, April 28, 2014

Trust Your Gut


That gut feeling.  I've talked about it before.  I referenced my sixth sense in a previous blog almost poking fun at it.  But seriously, the gut feeling.  The feeling that you just know that something isn't right, is not something you should discount.

I am firm believer that some people have it and some people don't (kind of like common sense lol).  I also believe that there are different degrees to the gut feeling. Some people feel it strong and know that they should trust it.  Some people feel it a little and  pay attention to it sometimes. Some people ignore it all together.

The people who ignore it all together are the ones that scare me.  I trust my gut.  I trust it when it comes to people.  I trust it when it comes to places.  I trust it when it comes to situations.  I probably have more of a gut feeling than most and I pay attention to it all the time.

My gut feeling has never steered me wrong.  The times that I haven't listened to my gut are the times that have gotten my in trouble.  I know that if I feel deep down like a situation is going to go wrong I need to remove myself or change the situation.

Honestly I can even have a gut feeling about a situation that isn't directly related to me.  I heard a story the other day about an online dating situation that really freaks me out. I'm not even involved and I know it's all bad. I know it's going to end bad. I know that I am going to hear the end of this story and be right.

There are places I just know are bad.  Once, while at the cabin, I was out exploring and I stumbled across a waterfall.  I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was a bad place and if I stayed there bad things were going to happen.  It was such a strong gut feeling that I was in tears.  I had to leave.  When I got home and told Mom and Dad about my reaction they both shared a look.  They feel the same way. To the point that they would never take my brother and me there. I will never go there again.


I have met people and knew from the get go that they were bad.  They proved me right.

I have left places because of a gut feeling and found shit went sideways after I left.

My gut feeling has never been wrong.  Even when I didn't listen to it.

That is why I have very little sympathy for people who blame their situation on their circumstances, or on the advice they were given from someone in their life.  You know whats right, you know whats wrong. You know what your gut is telling you to do. If you choose to listen to someones advice rather than your gut that choice is on you.




That's the thing about life, it's full of choices. The ones you make because of what you know is right and the ones you make because of what someone else things you should do.  The ones you make because of your gut, because of what you know, are going to be the ones that you are the proudest of and the happiest with.  Always go with your gut.  Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment