Wednesday, November 26, 2014

In Every Thing Give Thanks


Yes.  It's that time of the year.  The time where we are all inundated with all of the many things that everyone in our social media is thankful for.  I wasn't going to write a thankful blog this year.  I wrote this one about being happy and not taking people for granted last Thanksgiving and then another about the amazing gifts that I've gotten from my family over the years and then there was the one about the family I get to choose. I figured I had it all covered.  But as today is Thanksgiving Eve, and there are always new things to be thankful for, I figured why not kill a little time while I'm waiting to get off of work expressing my gratitude for a multitude of other things.


I'm thankful for all of the changes in my life since this time last year.  I'm thankful that Josh is here and we're hosting Thanksgiving this year, in our home, rather than having him here just visiting for two weeks like last year. I'm thankful for him and his support in general.  I mean who doesn't love a guy who cooks and cleans and supports the shit out of you? There have been a lot of life changes in the past twelve months and we've handled them all like bosses.  I am thankful everyday that he's at home when I get there.  I still have moments, laying in bed right before I fall asleep, where I am amazed and in awe that we managed to get where we are and that we are actually sharing this crazy life. Out of all of the things I have to be thankful for he is the one that makes me wonder what amazing thing I did in a past life to deserve what I have now. 


My super awesome kid makes me thankful.  He's ten, and annoying, but he's turning into a great person.  He's always been pretty great and thoughtful but he has figured out and matured so much in the past year. As much as he is still a distracted ten year old kid he is finding his voice and figuring out the type of person that he wants to be.  I feel like we're living in this very short time frame where I'm actually a cool person, that might last another year so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. 



I'm thankful for the traditions that I have, and the people that I share them with.  I'm thankful for pies and wine on Thanksgiving Eve.  I'm thankful for green bean casserole and cranberry sauce. I'm thankful that my family, and Josh's, like each other so that we can all spend Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that I get to make a whole new set of traditions this Christmas and keep the ones that I already have going.  I'm thankful for Christmas cookies with Veronica and Christmas Eve at my Mom and Dad's. I'm thankful for Zap and December 1st Christmas Pajamas.  I'm thankful that I have all of these things to be thankful for. 





Really, I'm just very thankful for this awesome life and the awesome people in it who help it suck a whole lot less than it could.

No comments:

Post a Comment