Thursday, September 4, 2014

Eh, whatever. It's a blog.

I haven't been blogging at all lately.  I feel like it's weird that I quit my job and because I didn't have anything to bitch about I didn't have anything to blog about.  That isn't true.  I blog about a lot of stuff that isn't negative.



It could be that for three weeks I was pretty much interacting with the same two people every day. That doesn't lead to a whole lot of blog topics typically.


Or maybe it was that I was having such a hard time with the fact that I wasn't working that I just didn't want to blog about it.  No one wants to admit that they are struggling with a decision that they had made to better their lives.  I don't regret quitting my job in the slightest but boy did I struggle with not working.  I guess I need to feel productive.   Shocker.  I don't know where that came from. The best thing is that at the end of the day I love being able to say that I quit my job because I was unhappy, I'm much happier now and I had the support I needed to do it.


I could have been blogging about how hard it is to find a part time job, or two, that let you work more than 69 hours in a month.  Or how hard it is to find a full time job because no one wants to pay for health insurance.  Thank you Obamacare. (There is a chance I might still blog about this, I'm pretty annoyed).

I guess that's my summer in a nut shell.  I spent three weeks stressing about quitting my job, three more weeks without a job and the past two weeks working at Clark College.  This summer was not uneventful.  But it's just about over and since I was able to summarize (lol no pun intended) it so well in the past four paragraphs it's just time to move on to fall.


Fall, fall, fall.  School started for the kid yesterday, school starts for me in two weeks.  It's been a little over a year since I went to school.  Getting back into a routine will be necessary. I get to adapt to having a part time job, potentially two, while going to school.  Which is still going to be better than doing property management and trying to go to school.

It's funny looking over this blog I feel as though I should have had a whole lot harder time with this summer than I did.  And although the people I live with may not agree with me, I feel as though I handled all of the changes fairly well. At least for me.


It's amazing what surrounding yourself with the right people will do. Help you cope. Get you through. Support you. Make all the important little things seem big and make all of the stressful big things seem little.



Amazingly all things seem to be falling into place.  Just like things are supposed to.  Now, let's tackle fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment