Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Heart


I have spent the last week stuck in my head.  Maybe not the whole past week.  But a very significant portion of the past week  I have spent over thinking everything.


I guess that's what I do. Over think things.  I get told all of the time not to think about it so much.   I know that there are certain things that I do better if I quit thinking about them.  Playing pool comes immediately to mind.  If I have a drink or two I stop thinking and analyzing what I am doing so much and then I do it better. I write papers better when I don't think about it too much.  I also express my feelings better when I quit thinking so hard about what and how to I need to say what I need to say.  See, even that sentence is an example of over thinking.  I guess that's why I have always said that I wished I could live life like I'm three beers in.  That is when I stop thinking about things and just act and say.  Not in a reckless way, just in a less uptight way.


Over thinking wouldn't be so horrible if it didn't always make things so much worse than they actually are. To over analyze a situation is to worry about it.  Worrying leads to sleepless nights and shoulders that hurt so bad you can't move your arm and it hurts to breathe. It isn't a bad thing that I can see all sides of any situation.  It isn't bad that I am able to weigh the benefits and negatives before acting. That is one of the best things about being a Libra, balance. That's also the downside. When you can't stop thinking you start to project all of your fears and worries into your every day life.  They don't stay in your head.  They leak out into conversations and actions.  You start to see negative and bad things everywhere.  The mind is a powerful thing, and not someplace that is fun to get stuck.


Unfortunately, the over thinking is a trait that I have passed on to my child.  His 10 year old friend told him that he needed to stop over thinking the other day.  How horrible.  I have some pretty good traits.  How is it that I managed to pass on my over thinking and worrying onto my child.  I guess that's what happens when you only have one kid.  They end up with all the personality traits that you might have divided up between siblings.


So, I guess now that I can acknowledge that I've been stuck in my head and over thinking life in general I can try and change my thinking.  I know that I have been crabby and shitty.  I know that it's because I'm over thinking and analyzing every action, word and thought. I'm not being the positive, happy person that I should be.  I need to start thinking happy.  Heck I should be super happy all day every day.  Although I don't have to stress about work anymore (and I couldn't be happier about removing that stressor) that doesn't mean that I'm not stressed about a whole slew of other things.  Even with that being the case I need to adjust my attitude.  Think happy, be happy.  I said it before and I'll say it again, the mind is a powerful thing.  The least I could do it let it do it's thing in a good way.  



No comments:

Post a Comment