Sunday, November 5, 2017

This Seems to Be the Time of Year to Write

I wonder how authors write in the summer. I suppose they get paid to write. Also, they are real writers. Writing is their passion rather than a hobby. I don't get a whole lot of things done in the summer. I sit around a lot in sun spots with gin and tonics with very little desire to do anything else.
Not that I'm much better in the winter. In the winter I sit around on the sofa with a glass of wine and wait for summer. Maybe I need a less comfortable couch.

The other thing that happens in winter is that I get antsy. Tired of my routine. In the summer the routine is broken up by outdoor weekend activities and long days. In the winter, it's dark, a lot. And the routine of work and home and bed gets really old, really quick.

Anyway, the point is, due to the fact that it's going to be dark at 4:00 tonight because we set the clocks back, and that I'm spending more and more time watching TV on the sofa, I'm writing a blog. It's being encouraged by my constant writing friend that I join her blog challenge this month. She hasn't been nearly as bad as me at keeping up with the writing, but close.


It always makes me feel guilty to start blogging again after not blogging for awhile. This time it's been a year since I posted one blog, after not posting for almost two years. Which also means that it has been almost three years since I blogged consistently. Not because I don't want to write. I do. I do want to write. All of the time. 



But I always wonder what I should write about. Why would people want to read about my boring, sit on the couch life. I don't have a whole lot else to write about.

My property management career? Which takes up most of my time and energy.

My relationship? That seems like a bad idea just in general. My relationship itself is awesome.

I don't have a theme. Not fashion or beauty or dogs or advice.

I wish that I could write fiction. I've always wanted to write a book. An amazing, wonderful, inspiring book. The type of book that people are sad to put down. The type of book that people don't want to end. The type of book that people think about when they think of an amazing book. The book that always get recommended when they have a friend looking for something to read. I just don't have that skill.  And as a reader I'm okay with it. There's nothing worse than trying to suffer through an uninspired book.

The thing is that I need to write. In some form. E-mails just don't cut it. And since I need to do it I guess it shouldn't matter if I'm the only one that reads my blog. It's something that helps me feel whole. One little piece of creativity in my overly analytical life. You never know, maybe writing for a blog will help me write that amazing novel. Maybe it won't. Maybe 1000 people will read it. Maybe no one will. What should matter is that I need more writing in my life. So I guess I'll write more.


No comments:

Post a Comment